These muffins are from Camilla V. Saulsbury's " 150 best glutten-free muffin recipes". You can make them Casein free by replacing the butter with refined virgin coconut oil, warmed slightly, or vegan margarine, softened.
Preheat oven to 325degrees
Line 12 muffin pan
3 cups almond flour
1&1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt.
1/2 cup raw honey
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans toasted
( I also added 1 tsp. stevia powder for my sweet tooth- she had sugar in her recipe and less honey )
1. In a large bowl, whisk together, flour, cinnamon, baking soda , nutmeg, salt and stevia.
2. In a medium bowl , whisk together honey, eggs, applesauce, butter and vanilla until well blended.
3. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well blended. Then fold in the pecans or walnuts.
4. divided batter equally into the prepared muffin tins.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until tops are set and toothpick comes out clean.