The same with this recipe. What did I want? It was titled Orange and apricot muffins in Donatella Giordano's " Almond Flour" Paleo gluten free cookbook. A great cookbook by the way. Well, guess what? She should have included the word Coconut in the title. I'm allergic to coconut. What did I want? I wanted orange apricot muffins to go with my new apricot ginger tea. And that is what I had. I left out the coconut, added an extra 1/4 cup almond flour to make it up and used safflower oil instead of coconut oil. This muffin was light as air. It made me think of a soufflé . At least coconut free it did. You decide. I'm giving it here as written in the book.
4 eggs, yolks and whites separated
1/3 cup of raw honey
1/4 cup of coconut oil melted
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tbsps. of finely chopped apricots
1/2 cup of dried, unsweetened coconut ( grated)
1bsp of orange zest
* Preheat the oven to 350
* Combine the yolks, oil, and honey in a mixing bowl
* combine the almond flour with the grated coconut
Add to the yolk mixture.
* Stir in the orange zest and apricot.
* Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold them in the cake batter.
* Pour the batter into 6 muffin paper liners and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.