To me the greatest gift of my "rainbow miracle" was being able to kick the sugar out of my life. I believe the Red Color Diet helped me because of it's 45.54 or 63 day length with no sugar or sugar substitutions except for honey and no refined white flour products.
I chose to go gluten free as well, because it was the easiest way for me to know that there was no refined white wheat flour in a product. If you read my "Linda Goodman's Red Color Diet section you will know how her program affected me as I lived it.
I now choose to eat mindfully. There are several books helping me with that. I'll review them when I finish.
To loose the rest of the weight I need to loose to reach my dream I'm following these nine steps:
1. No sugar in any of it's forms except for no more than 5 teaspoons of honey a day and Stevia powder with FOS or Stevia liquid drops.
2. I am now 98-99% Gluten Free. I do not have Celiac Disease so I'm not a purest here-I don't worry about cross contamination or if gluten is in some product I'd never dream it would be.
3. I only have low fat red meat once a week.
4.No artificial substitutes other than Pure Stevia
5. I keep track of my Glycemic Load ( another blog, another day)
6. I only use Olive Oils with stove top cooking and either canola or safflower oil baking. The jury is out for me on which is healthier.
7. I try to balance my omega 6's with omega 3's.
8. I try to keep my ph balanced. ( another future blog subject)
9. I eat a high protein, high complex carb Breakfast ever day. Mom was right, Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. She just fed us the wrong stuff at that meal.
That is the way I plan on eating joyfully for the rest of my life. To help me be able to achieve this I pray daily, meditate daily, give thanks at meals, be mindful of what I'm eating and if I'm physically hungry. First thing in the morning and last thing at night I tell God I love Him and what I am grateful for.
I use a feelings "script" for old baggage and tapping for cravings. I use self Reiki and Quantum Touch and affirmations. ( you are welcome to copy any from my site you want to.)
Every day I either garden, do chair yoga, chair Tai Chi or chair exercises for seniors.
I stay in contact with people, I no longer isolate. I live in the now the best I can and search for ways to give of myself to others. It helps to help. I hope this of help to you and I'm here if you need me. Namaste.