BTW this picture I placed the quote on was taken near Estes Park, Colorado. All of my quotes are placed on pictures I've taken.
I wish I had remembered this quote earlier today- well it's actually after 1 Am now- so yesterday. I needed to just give up on all the electronic stuff ( TV, Phone & Internet connection )- sit down and meditate. I Have to admit I didn't. Yes, I ate- I haven't started the diet yet remember. At least I had learned enough not to beat myself up. And even though I didn't meditate and did give in to overeating, I recognized I wasn't hungry- I recognized that nothing I ate satisfied me and finally cuddled up with my mini doxie Penny and listened to music instead. I also prayed thanks to God for my Penny and music, let Him know I love Him.
BTW this picture I placed the quote on was taken near Estes Park, Colorado. All of my quotes are placed on pictures I've taken.
This was taken 38 years ago. At the time I thought I was HUGE.
I actually remember cringing inside as my husband's friend took this of our first baby. I had gained 60 pds during that pregnancy. I'd like to say that I stayed there. This size in the picture feels like an unreachable goal to me, let alone the tiny thing I was before the pregnancy! I'm working on these feelings with Jessica Ortner's " The Tapping Solution to weight loss." I have to wonder how much of my life I've missed because of the tape in my head yelling at me " I'll do it later- when I'm thin." Please don't miss out on life waiting to be thin.
I went ahead with the title Now and Later instead of " The Red Color Diet Boosters" because The boosters here are a combination of both Linda Goodman's boosters and my own tailored for me. I will do them Now ( even before I start the 45 days of the red color diet ) and later, after my 45 days when I'm sensing a need for red-& or help dealing with the emotional stuff I eat over. So I'll start with Linda's 3 boosters and then mine.
1. Wear red, gold, yellow and white as much as possible. Keep other "cool" colors to a minimum-try to eliminate as much as possible for this 45 day time. This one required me buying clothes and nightwear. I didn't own any in my size- and very few in the next 5 sizes down either. Shirts-yes, pants and dresses nope. No way I'd show off my fat butt that way.
2. Twice a day , at the same time each day. for 2 minutes each time visualize sparkling ruby red light streaming up from the ground below and mounting in intensity, as the red waves of color envelop your body externally until they reach the top of your head-for one full minute. End the visualization booster by imagining- for one full minute - the same vibrant, red energy beaming downward from the top of your head, and penetrating ever cell and organ within your body, as you breathe deeply and correctly for one full minute. So 2 minutes , twice a day-4 minutes in all.
3. When outdoors wear red-rose-orange-yellow-or gold tinted sun glasses.
1. Tapp for cravings and emotional upsets I'm on page 133 of Jessica Ortner's " The Tapping Solution for Weight Loss & Body confidence." I'll let you know if it works for cravings-overeating over feelings. It's energy work along meridian lines. I had used someone else's EFT ( Emotional Freedom Technique) before, but my family teased me so badly about it I gave up. The kids are grown now- and anyway we now have a "powder" room in a close central location- I can always pop in there if I need privacy.
2. Place near me, hold or wear red - 1st chakra root crystals - ruby if you have it. I have both a red jasper $5 dollar bead type necklace from Amazon and a red carnelian necklace of a lotus flower I got when I got my "masters" in Feng Shui and a prized Russian red quartz crystal cluster I'll keep near me ( except when I'm trying to sleep)
3. I've also made up lots of inspirational quotes and weight loss affirmations onto my photos that I use as desktop wallpaper. You'll be seeing them here.
4. I'm a Reiki Master and practice various healing modalities. I will use Reiki on myself daily.
5. I will stay connected with life affirming people. No isolation
6. I will either space clear at least some small portion of my home or clear out one piece of clutter -OUT OF The HOUSE! every day.
That's it for now. The first 3 are simple and easy to do- and while Linda says they are boosters only, she seems to say : DO THEM! Mine are ways I've come up with to help me stay the course , they are personal to me- but I will be sharing all about them as we go along. Last, but should have been first, : My Daily Prayers and 20 min meditation time. Have fun!
This is taken from Linda Goodman's "Star Signs." I'm going to simplify it , but you need to read it. She uses terms that have to be read to be understood. She will explain "red ray energizing your solar plexus." My intention with this blog is to give me a place to get my feelings out and record how it affects me. These "how to " pages are reminders for me. I already know about Chakras and energy. Also I'm adding ( not changing ) elements of my own. This is done everyday for the 45-54-or 63 days you've chosen. You must pick either dawn, sunset or noon for doing this and do it everyday at the same time. So simply-here are the 3 steps:
1. Find private space (I put a sign on my guest bedroom door that I'm naked and meditating - the naked part keeps my son out and the meditating part keeps my husband out LOL! ) darken the room- Lie down naked in the bed with your music player full of "Mars" music and head phones- Be sure you can see your clock and timer beside it while laying down.
Place your gooseneck lamp with red bulb between your knees and holding it firmly between your knees or thighs, so it won't topple over, use the gooseneck to aim the shade with the red bulb directly toward your solar plexus ( between the breastbone and the navel ), about 2 feet from your skin.
Set the timer for 15 minutes, then turn on the music and the lamp. Relax your nude body, let go of negative thoughts. Allow the red-Mars music to enter your " inner-ear" through the ear phones as loudly as you find comfortable, while your solar plexus is being bathed in red light.
when the timer goes off in 15 min lay the lamp on it's side at the end of the bed so that it's light is aimed 1ft to 18" from the soles of your feet ( while still laying on your back) . Set your timer for another 15 minutes. Listen to your music as the red color bath penetrates the soles of your feet. At the end of the 15 min. turn everything off. Your 30 minute red color bath is done.
If you feel feverish, or develop diarrhea, or exhausted you can switch to an orange bulb for 2 or 3 days then back to red.
If you have hypertension or tachycardia use an orange light bulb instead of red. This is NOT something you can start, stop, then start again or the entire effect is lost. Remember-SAME Time Every Day !
2. Fill 2 of your four 8-10 ounce red glasses with bottled water. Then place them outside. ( You can use saran wrap to keep water clean ) Put them where the sun's ray falls on them at least 2 hours, preferably all day. Then place them inside to reach room temperature and set the other two outside to be solarized. In this way you can drink two glasses of red solarized water a day- Morning and evening. While two are reaching room temperature the other two are being solarized. Do NOT refrigerate.
3. Step three is the eating only red, gold, yellow, orange & white foods ONLY I've outlined in my last post. You can find details about the why these colors starting on page 231, also why white is included, why red meat is not allowed, why calories don't count and all about white sugar-white flour ect. as related to the diet and afterwards.
Those are the requirements. Next time we'll talk boosters.
Once again. Read Linda Goodman's " Star signs." to understand why she has us infusing the color red into our chakras & our body. I would have said my 1st root chakra was fine, thank you very much. I have used Reiki on myself, I have followed chakra meditations as recently as last week. But then I started looking around me for the color red in my life. It's just not here except for my deep burgundy brick floors. I'm just not fond of red. In my garden I have a patriotic bed with red in it- I have a few roses and sweet Williams with some red in them-and I did paint my front porch side tables and front door (behind a white screen door) deep burgundy red. That's it. Not in my car, Only small touches in one guest bedroom and no where else in my home. But bright red? No where. No way you'd see my fat butt in red.
I read that ruby is my Aries stone and went flying to my jewelry box to remember that for my Aries Daughter's Bday I let her choose any piece in the box. She chose my ruby ring, Her twin chose my other red Jewelry. I only have one crystal with red ( or at least it's called red ). Dang! No wonder I need a red infusion!
So now onto what you need to gather for the red part of this diet.
1. Brass, red or white painted metal gooseneck table lamp. Here is the age of this diet showing. The next item is a 100 watt red light bulb for this lamp. So the lamp has to be wired for 100 watts-but wait ! maybe not.
2. 1oo watt red opaque light bulb. Now- I found a 100 watt red bulb and I found the lamp- BUT- not a lamp that can handle 100 watts without burning down the house. The gooseneck lamp I got from Amazon only takes up to 60 watts. I got a red opaque 24 watt energy saving spiral bulb that puts out light equal to 100 watts. I don't think these were available in Linda's time. All at Amazon
3.A music player with earphones, unless you have stereo speakers in your bedroom.
4.What Linda calls "Red Mars" music . She recommends John Philip Sousa Marches or any loud rock music with heavy rhythm and drum beats. I'm using Guns and Roses" Appetite for Destruction " ( fat destruction that is LOL! ) , and Motley Crue Greatest Hits. Also the long version of Iron Butterfly's In A Gadda Da Vida. I've had 311 and Tool recommended as well.
5. four 8-10 ounce ruby red ( not orange red ) glasses. Red plastic glasses are Ok. I got mine from Amazon.- Saran wrap to cover these glasses outside.
6. Egg Timer- Be able to see a clock from your bed also.
The above are needed. Below are extras if you want what she calls booster suggestions:
A, Red, yellow, gold, orange or white clothing
B. red, rose, orange, yellow, or gold tinted eye glasses.
So that is what you need to gather together ahead of time. Next time I'll get to the nitty grity of what needs to be done with these items. Have a joyful day.
I admit. When I check out a new diet I go straight to what can I eat and what is a no-no. Like I said , for the Red Color Diet you must read Linda Goodman's " Star Signs." first, or at least up to Chapter 6 " Forgotten Rainbows." And then ALL of Chapter 6, twice. Yes that's the chapter with the diet in it.
In her book Linda gives the food list before "the fine print" so to speak. When I read the list-I was like "Yeah, Baby, this I can do. I mean- really? - pancakes with butter, pizza, spaghetti, mayo, muffins, all cereals from wheat or oats. ( among the "healthy" items).
So here is the fine print before I give you the whole list.
NO White Flour, No White or Brown Sugar, or Raw Sugar; No Sugar substitutes except yellow gold honey; No Red Meat; No Seafood of any kind;
Now lets go back to that yummy list above. I looked in Super One and finding any of the above without both sugar and fake sugar and white flour isn't easy to do. Start reading labels. Sugar! Sugar! Sugar! Even when it says " gluten free" The sugar will be there. Not always-but mostly. Why Gluten free ? You ask. Because that is the easiest way to know no white flour is used. And now I say-well- of course I'll lose weight and be more clear headed. Give up sugar, flour, meat and all items made with sugar substitutes-( like diet drinks, sugar free gum, ect.) You will lose weight.
IMHO that is 80% of why you lose. I believe the Red Color treatment helps raise metabolism and I'm counting on that increasing red in my chakras-body will enable me to stay the course and maintain what I lose.
So.... Here is the book list of what you can eat. Be sure to read the book-it has a "blue green list" for those wanting to gain weight. You cannot have anything on that list. Throw out the salad bowls- Nothing Green is on the list- No green fruits or veggies!! Yeah!! I hate Green stuff-food wise and can't stay on any food regim requiring me to do so. Nothing brown either-like potatoe skins, fried foods, brown breads. The eating list is all red, gold, yellow, orange or white. That is the whole point!!! Slip in a salad, green or dark brown tea and you have to start over. There is the rub and to me what I love- You must do this diet and color regime for exactly 45,or exactly 54 or exactly 63 days in a row. No more, no less and nothing in between. If you mess up you have to start over from scratch- so be sure you have the time to do all parts of this. This is an all or nothing journey here.
Beets - Popcorn - Watermelon(no skin) - Red Cabbage
Papayas - Yellow melons - pineapple - Strawberries
Apricots - Tomatoes(red ones) - Bananas - Chicken
yellow noodles - Mustard - Ketchup(sugarfree) -
grapefruit - red or white rice - Nectarines Grapefruit
red or white ice cream if made with honey and sugar free & Fake sugar free
cherries - radishes - Pizza ( no white flour or sugar ) - chili (no red meat)
Spaghetti ( Ronzoni puts out a gluten free pasta& Mezzetta Napa Valley Bistro has a good Sugar free homemade style Marinara jarred sauce) -think chicken spaghetti-
Chicken gravy made with non white flour (Like almond flour )
Cheese Lasagna ( no green veggies or red meat) yes they make or you can make gluten free lasagna pasta )
Red wine- red grapes - red grape juice - cranberries - Milk - cream
Pommegranates - red rasberries - Waffles & pancakes with honey (not syrup)( They do make gluten free mix-but check for sugar-or make your own sugar-white flour free recipe . BTW there are lots of sugar-white& or gluten free recipes on line.)
Lemons - Sugar & artificial sugar free lemonade ( If you can figure out how to make lemonade without sugar let me know LOL! )
Oranges - Yellow peppers - red peppers - Mangoes - Rutabagas
yams ( sweet potatoes)
Rhubarb - Pumpkin - All Cheeses - Eggs in any form - Honey ( If you suffer from allergies-eat local made raw honey, it will help with pollen allergies )
Mayonnaise - sugar free -they have several on Amazon
Red Caviar - Any rice except brown ( not mixed with sauces that have sugar or white flour like rice a roni, ect. )
all cereals derived from wheat or oats ( check for sugar in contents )
Biscuits ( really any red, yellow or white muffin as long as there is no sugar or white flour-in other words homemade.) BTW when she says white flour she's talking about refined white flour , almond and gluten free flours might be white in color-but it's the refinement process that's harmful )
All potatoes- except French fries- ( but don't eat the skins of brown skinned potatoes )
That's her list. She goes on to say feel free to add anything that is red, gold, yellow, orange or white as long as no sugar, brown sugar, raw sugar, sugar substitutes, or white flour. Southern belle that I am I immediately thought of grits. Also she explains why some green skinned fruits like watermelons are ok -because we don't eat the skin- and others don't. this is on page 240.
What I love about this list is that it is only for 45 ,54 or 63 days. I chose 45 because there are 45 free of any events , holidays, family coming, ect. between 9/9 and the local Halloween celebrations. I can give up anything for 45 days. Just not having to say-think to myself " no more chocolate forever !" is a relief. The last 2 times I lost over 75 pds I allowed myself 3 dark chocolate nuggets a week. What I do have trouble with is being told that I have to force myself to eat something that I have to gag down (like green veggies ). So this is a great diet for me .
Enough for one day. I'll get to the fun "Red Color" infusion stuff next time. Enjoy the journey.
I've fallen in love with Linda Goodman's books. Thank You Brenda Renee for introducing me. I now see why you thought I'd resonate with her. For those of you joining me here: Linda wrote the book ( Star Signs) that the "Red Color Diet" or as the sub-title says " The Magical Forgotten Rainbow For Overweight Plumpies." is in. I believe you must first read her book " Star Signs." to truly understand why she recommends what she does. They have it at Amazon.
I did online research about the red color diet. Not much there-though I did find one person who lost 45pds. Most was written from '99 to '07. Today is Aug. 18th,2014. This is what I did learn from those before me online: You must follow Linda's advice exactly. All of it for 45 day, 54, days or 63 days at most!! I kept reading where one might say, "well, I only had Pink Salmon once, I only missed 1 day, but greens are healthy, and recommendations to alter it slightly, ect. And then wonder why it didn't work for them. I'll give The Red Color Diet instructions on my next post.
For this you have to throw out all previous "diet" thinking. It is radical for people like myself, that have been "dieting" and losing ( only to regain eventually) their whole lives. That would be 63 years for me. This is using the red spectrum to make it so you can allow yourself to be successful at keeping the weight off in the long run.
In the last 10 years I have lost weight (never to goal) only to regain them. Both times I counted calories. Linda will explain why that only works for a short time. God Knows I have lost weight , usually 20-40 pds, from the time I was 15 with many a "crazy" diet. My Mom started me on what was really "speed" the first time. And one notable time I lost with pregnant women's urine injections,! LOL! Yep! Crazy. So I have no problem eating only foods from red, yellow, gold and white colors.
I had given up even trying again, till I read this book. I felt defeated. At least as far as my weight goes and the health problems from said weight. Now I feel excited!
I am adding to her program in one way. I am adding ways to deal with cravings. I'm learning Tapping Or EFT for weight loss if you will, I've made pictures with inspiring quotes and weight loss affirmations ( that I will share here ) as my screen saver and printed for front of TV and car dashboard and I'm dealing with my past feelings with Karol K Truman's "Feelings Buried Alive Never Die.." book. I eat over feelings, it's as simple as that.I am also having fun and learning with "Allowing Your Success" by Terez Hartmann. All this is new to me.
However, I am a mystical , open minded type person. I'm very "into" energy healing modalities. Heck, energy fascinates me period. I used Reiki to help me last time I lost Big and will again. I am retired at home with my husband that can feed himself if he isn't in accord with whatever my latest diet is. I am blessed that way. I am also a spiritual be-ing in love with Fairies. If I haven't scared you off so far come back for the whole program . I'm actually starting to do the red diet on 9/9 for 45 days (another 9-my favorite # for those into numerology) I started this blog today because it also is a "9" . I started a 21 day Reiki retreat online with Mari Hall on Usui Sensei's Bday Aug,15th. Until 9/9 my blogging is about my preparations for this Red Color Diet. That's new as well. The first time I've "Prepared" myself for a new diet. Have a joyful day!
Virginia Solberg AKA Ginger Fairy